This page provides some help to your journey in Combinats.
Hints on early levels¶
- Level 1: Just follow the instruction.
- Level 2: HTML webpages may have more information in their sources.
- Level 3: Each of the 26 letters in English alphabet corresponds to a number naturally.
- Level 4: If this guy has one less edge, it would be a hexagon.
- Level 5: Each picture may have its own property. You can take a look either in
File Exploreror using online EXIF tools.
- Level 6: The codes only contain 0 and 1...and what does the title mean?
- Level 7: Now you are on your own...
For pictures, in most cases you just need to check their properties, the following online EXIF tool is enough.
- Enigmatics EXIF tool
- 图虫EXIF查看器alpha版 (A similar tool in Simplified Chinese)
Occasionally you may want to search pictures based on their contents. In this case Google Image is the top choice (click the camera icon to search by image).
For various cipher systems, the following tools are very useful.
For anagrams and getting the words of answer, the following tools are recommended.
For recognizing Unicode and other characters, the following tool is convenient.
What will not be in Combinats¶
- There are no audio-related levels.
- There are no pictures with visual information not visible on surface. In other words, you don't need any image-editing tool to find hidden visual information in the pictures.
- There might be riddle-related files with other file formats. Nonetheless, they are all accessible within popular web browsers.
Last update: 05/26/2023.